The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali
At The Westin Resort Nusa Dua Bali, it is our aim to achieve environmental and social sustainability. The scope of our business includes luxury accommodation, restaurants, convention centre, spa and a wide range of guest recreation facilities such as swimming pools, tennis courts, runWestin, cycling tour and Westin Kids Club®. Whilst it is our goal that guests leave feeling better than when they arrive, management recognises the importance of not compromising the environment to achieve this objective.
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali is a haven of serenity. Located at the southern most tip of Bali, the resort has direct access to Nusa Dua Beach and its surrounding tropical coral reefs. Nusa Dua Beach has regional significance as one of the most beautiful beaches in Asia. It is our aim to protect this idyllic environment for the enjoyment of our guests, the broader community and future generations.
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali strives to achieve environmental sustainability through;
- Monitoring our environmental performance by measuring appropriate environmental indicators and committing to continual improvement in benchmarking.
- Continuously improving our environmental performance by minimizing waste, conserving natural resources and preventing pollution and committing to reduce green house gas emission.
- Designing and implementing an Environmental Management System to ensure improvements are ongoing.
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements.
- Providing environmental training for staff.
- Providing community education initiatives.
- Inviting and encouraging guests, suppliers and customers to participate in our efforts to protect the environment, and sharing knowledge and best practices with others in the tourism industry and collaborating with industry groups, public associations and government organizations to protect and enhance the environment.
Bali has a strong cultural and spiritual heritage demonstrated through crafts, music, dance and religion. The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali values this cultural heritage and works hard to enhance the local community by;
- Giving special consideration to employing local staff.
- Giving preferences to products and services of local origin.
- Sourcing quality, efficient and environmentally sustainable products where possible.
- Driving local initiatives, including training and employment opportunities, to improve the
lives of disadvantaged members of the community.
- Supporting community initiatives to enhance the local environment; and
- Celebrating the diversity of people, ideas, and cultures through recognising, supporting,
and celebrating religious and cultural events.
We have appointed an Environmental Coordinator and are working towards international certification to the Earth Check Silver Re-Certification. By 2020, our energy goal is to reduce our consumption by 30% per available room across all owned, managed and franchised rooms. On the same basis, our goal is to reduce water consumption by 20%.
“Hand in hand to protect the environment...... our future”
30 January 2013